Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Introductions 2

More for Self Portrait Challenge
I like to garden. Here I am with some of our massively tall sunflowers from last fall. They drew in hummingbirds and lots of bees. The birds enjoyed them in November.

I am not one of these fussy garden types who has to have every weed out each day. I will leave that to Martha and my husband's German parents and their neighbors. Looks great, but there are too many things which I would rather do daily in our short summers here in New England.
But the garden survives with intensive planting and the weekly weeding and gives us a lot of joy.
This year we have expanded the perrenial beds and ripped out the rotting wood deck to create a lower space with bricks and granite my friend Adam is making with us. But for today I can enjoy the flowers and dream of the ones which we will grow this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abbie said...

Hi Susan! Don't you just love spring in NH!!?? the leaves have come early this year! Thank Goodness! I love winter if there is snow. I am actually not German, just grew up there. (German at heart?) We lived there from when I was 6 to 14. Very impressionable years for a girl! My dream is to one day go back and see how it has changed.

Thanks for your comments on my blogs!
:)Abbie

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home